Our Five Pillars
Chawton Global Investors has derived five pillars that frame its investment philosophy. These are:
- Invest in Quality companies that achieve high and sustainable returns on current capital invested
- Invest where there is an alignment of interest: act as an owner
- Invest where there is potential to invest new capital and a strong probability of achieving high returns on this capital
- Ensure businesses are sustainable over the long term through low leverage, high cultural integrity and due consideration of the transition to a sustainable environment
- Invest when there is a material margin of safety to reduce risk of capital loss
These pillars apply to all potential investee companies; small or large in any country in the world.